iCloud is an free and wireless cloud storage service powered by apple and offered to all apple-product users around the world. Through the use of iCloud people are able to keep their information safe and available throughout all their apple devices and their computer. iCloud allows people to access their information at any time and through any device (registered or not) making it easier for the individual to make changes to the settings and/or access any desired information. However, there is a downside to iCloud, you are only able to enjoy these benefits by having registered your iTunes ID account, or email address to their services. This however is not a major downside considering the amount of benefits that come with having an iCloud account. For example, if you lose your phone you are able to lock your phone using the “Find my iPhone” feature, avoiding thieves from being able to access the sensitive information you have on your device. Also, you are able to easily have access to your photos, contacts, notes and many more from the device of your choice.
In order to create your iCloud account, follow these simple steps:
Another iCloud Sign in guide.
- First of all, you are able to create an iCloud account using your Apple ID, the following steps will be given assuming that you have an apple device (iPhone, iPad and/or iPod only)
- Make sure that the device you are using is up to date, this will allow you to complete the registration process without any inconvenience such as apps crashing and/or any bugs preventing you from completing the process. This can be done by clicking on Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Now, to create the account tap on Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> Add new account -> iCloud
- Under the email and password boxes there is an option that reads “Get a Free Apple ID” click there and you will be redirected to the new account menu
- Select your birth date and click next at the top right corner
- Enter your first and last name, then continue to select the kind of email address you wish to create. It is recommended to select a new username for your iCloud email address.
- Enter your desired email address, and desired password. Make sure to select a password that is easy to remember and not to give your information to strangers. iCloud security system is very strict and it is all to ensure the safety of the customer’s information
- Make sure to enter the security questions and answers, as well as an alternative email address that will be used to retrieve your password. Make sure to double check this information and to pick questions only you will know the answer to. This, once again will ensure the safety of your information.
- Next, you will be asked to pick whether or not to receive updates from apple. Select your answer and click next
- Accept the Terms & conditions. You are all set! Enjoy iCloud.